Paying attention to do's and don'ts is the first step towards safety checks at hotels and restaurants. Hotels and restaurants are always filled with staff and consumer coming there to eat, hence safety check is a crucial factor in running a smooth business. Private gas agencies conduct safety training for staff and workers, so they can avoid the unfortunate accident of cylinder bursting.
As in hotels, restaurants, and catering businesses, it is difficult to pay attention to safety, you should learn about a few do's and don't from SHIVGAS, that act as a precautionary measure. Because safety can neither be compromised nor pushed down to the secondary stage, which is why we are here to help you with some easy safety tips for commercial usage.
To ensure safety while using commercial LPG gas, then start by understanding do's in storage. The first step is to keep the cylinder stacked in an upright position. The LPG gas contains liquefied petroleum gas which is not filled to the tip inside the cylinder, as the vacant space is helpful in the conversion of liquid to vapor that initiates ignition in the cook stove.
If the cylinder is kept in the horizontal position, the liquid can escape from the valve, which can lead to the transition of a liquid to vapor inside the pipe, or in the burner of the cooktop which can lead to an explosion or fire accident.
One of the commercial safety tips that you must abide by in the restaurant and hotel is to have enough ventilation in the kitchen. Cylinder leaks can happen for multiple reasons, but proper ventilation avoids the accumulation of gas in enclosed spaces which increases the chance of cylinder bursting.
Ethyl Mercaptan is added in LPG gas, which possesses a strong odor of rotten cabbages. The smell helps in identifying any leaks in the gas. If you smell a gas leak, it is advisable to stop all operations in the kitchen, and cut off electricity.
The place where you keep the cylinder and gas stove must be clean. It should not be too close to the water supply as a damp surface can cause corrosion in the cylinder or gas stove, leading to wear and tear of the equipment that can compromise the safety inside the kitchen.
Cylinder sweating is one of the major concerns in hotels and restaurants. A lot of staff sometimes pour warm water over the cylinder to stop the cylinder from sweating. But, it is not safe, as it can lead to cylinder explosion. Pouring warm water can lead to overheating of the cylinder and cause bursting of the cylinder.
If you sign a cylinder leaking, then call Fire Brigade and SHIVGAS if the leakage is uncontrolled. You can use D.C.P type of fire extinguishers in case of fire. Don't be a hero, as you must wait for professionals before you take any decisive step.You May Like: 5 Commercial Uses Of LPG You Must Know
With knowledge of safety tips, you can be helpful to people when during gas leakage. Maintaining proper hygiene and proper training can help you detect the problem before it becomes hazardous. One of the ways to solve the growing issue of cylinder bursting is by taking training from your nearest private gas agencies.