Since the liberalization and deregulation of the Indian economy in 1991, industries are exempt from obtaining an industrial license to start manufacturing in India. The growth of industries in India has led to a revolution in the economy and made-in-India products. To overcome the growing pollution through industries, the government has advised them to use LPG Gas. The LPG gas distributorship in West Bengal are helping in providing adequate amount of gas cylinder for industrial application. But do industries need specific licenses to conduct manufacturing operations? Let’s find out in this blog!
Firstly, the design and operation of a multi-cylinder installation need to follow the instructions and guidelines;
- IS 6044.1: Code of Practice for Liquefied Petroleum Gas Storage Installations – Part 1: Commercial and Industrial Cylinder Installations
- OISD -162 For Restricted Circulation only safety in installation and maintenance of LPG cylinders manifold.
According to the guidelines, the industrial and commercial use of cylinders must be done with manifold installation. The industries must contain the cylinder in a manifold system, and no cylinder should remain unconnected or filled. When the cylinders are connected to a manifold they do not fall under the category of LPG storage like capacity. If the industry has below 8000Kg capacity of the cylinder, there is no need for licensing.
Who Should Apply for License?
Under guideline 2.0, it relates to the design, erection, commission, and maintenance of manifold installation. While in OISD-162’s guideline 3.1, it is advised the general guideline for manifold installation from IS 6044(Part II)-1971, in which safety measures must be undertaken for installation of LPG.
As per IOSD-162’s 3,12 criteria, there is no need for an explosive license for the installation of the cylinder in industrial use. However, a consumer who has more than 100kg of unfitted cylinders must obtain a license under Gas Cylinder rules 1981.
So, if your industry premises do not contain above 100 kg of the unfitted cylinder, you are good to go without a PESO license, under GAS cylinder rules 1981.
We at SHIVGAS, follow the norms and regulations set by the government to emphasize safety guidelines and the following measure to ensure safe installation.
- The cylinders are hydro-tested before entering the market.
- Periodic safety and staff training for ensuring safety at gas distributorship in West Bengal.
- At SHIVGAS, no other gas is added to the cylinder with LPG.
- Every filled cylinder has its valve securely closed to prevent leakage.
Safety Measure For LPG installation are:
- The storage room must be located far from the furnace or any flammable objects.
- The cylinder should not be installed below ground level, for example in the basement or cellar.
- The cylinder must not be located close to steam pipes, and boilers. This resists the cylinder to get affected b heat.
- Cylinder must be installed in the fire-resistant room.
As per government guidelines, SHIVGAS recommends
- The storage room should be well ventilated and should have an elevated height.
- Maintaining a three-meter safety distance from LPG installation.
- Proper pavement or parking for loading and unloading of the cylinder.
SHIVGAS strives to be the best LPG production and supply company without any interruption or technical hindrance. To connect with our experts and learn about eligibility criteria to get LPG gas distributorship in West Bengal, you can call 033-4006-6002 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.